Deadline: 17 September 2017
Are you a journalist in West Africa who has produced compelling work(s) that has had significant impact on society? If yes, the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) invites you to submit your work(s) for consideration for the first ever West Africa Media Excellence Awards.
This is an initiative to reward and inspire media excellence in West Africa. The maiden edition of the Awards is scheduled for October 28, 2017 in Accra, Ghana.
Finalists will be hosted at the Awards event on the 28th of October, 2017 and also participate in the West Africa Media Excellence Conference on the 27th of October, 2017 which will feature sessions on topical journalism issues and also provide opportunities for networking with other journalists, editors, and experts from West Africa.
The categories open for entries are:
- Investigative Reporting
- SDG’s Reporting
- Business Reporting
- ICT Reporting
- Human Rights Reporting
- ECOWAS and Regional integration
- Sports Reporting
- Health reporting
- Anti-corruption Reporting
- Environmental Reporting
- Women’s Rights Reporting
- Children’s Rights Reporting
- Oil and Gas Reporting
- The Awards are opened to journalists from print, electronic and online media in Anglophone, Francophone and Lusophone countries in West Africa.
- Applicants must be West African, working with and for media organisation(s) based in West Africa.
- An Entry for the Awards must have been published or broadcast between the periods, January 1 to December 31, 2016.
How to Apply
Applicants should upload published works via the entry form given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, the island of Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe and Togo.
For more information, please visit West Africa Media Excellence Awards.