The International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF) is organizing the 6th edition of the journalism competition entitled ” Young journalist award in Haiti ”, in partnership with the Ministry of Culture and Communication, the Embassies of Canada, France, Switzerland in Port-au-Prince, the Wallonia-Brussels International Office, the Institute French in Haiti, UNESCO, the Knowledge and Freedom Foundation (FOKAL), TV5-Monde, the Bloggers Network of Haiti (RBH), Kiskeya Radio-Television, Caribbean Radio-Television, Center Pen Haiti, the daily newspapers “Le Nouvelliste “,” Le National “, the Haitian online news agency AlterPresse, Radio France Internationale (RFI) and the company Sûrtab.
The Prize, intended for young people, aims to discover and encourage young journalistic talents speaking French in different formats (press written, radio, audiovisual). It is for anyone who produces information.
The theme chosen for the year 2020 is “School in Haiti”.
- The “Young Journalist Prize in Haiti” is a competition which has 3 categories: written press (including online press), radio and audiovisual. Anyone, woman or man, wishing to participate should meet the following conditions:
- participate in an individual capacity,
- be between 18 and 35 years of age by September 30, 2020,
- reside in Haiti,
- present an original report, which has not been submitted to previous editions of the Young Journalist Prize in Haiti, nor previously broadcast on any medium whatsoever, nor in any other competition,
- not having been a winner of the Young Journalist Prize in Haiti, in one or other of the categories in previous editions,
- have a Google drive account.
- Composition of the application file:
- a curriculum vitae (containing up-to-date contact details)
- a photocopy of the candidate’s identity card or passport
- references to journalistic work (audiovisual, written or radio) already carried out (NB: within the framework of this competition, publications in social networks will not constitute acceptable references);
- a radio or audiovisual report of five (5) minutes maximum, or a written report comprising between 800 and 1000 words in French (depending on the category chosen), having as theme “school in Haiti” and not having done the subject to no dissemination.
- A 284 character pitch for the social media report
- The report (written, radio or audiovisual) presented must be entirely original and the participant must certify that he is the author. The media (sound, photographic, written) used must specify their sources and have been authorized for use.
- The fact of presenting a report (written, radio or audiovisual) under his / her name implies on the part of the candidate the guarantee that he (she) is indeed the ONLY author and that he (she) has the right to present his work within the framework of this competition.
For more information, visit https://jeunesse.francophonie.org/appels-et-concours/item/1207-le-prix-jeune-journaliste-en-haiti