In response to the exceptional work of journalists and filmmakers covering the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in developing countries, One World Media has launched the Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020, supported by EBRD.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This is a global story like few others. They are connected by a shared crisis that presents them all with new ways of living and seeing the world. They want to champion stories that show them what is happening beyond their borders and spotlight international perspectives on the pandemic.
One World Media is looking for stories that show them the potential solutions, the urgent needs and the surprising implications of COVID-19 around the world. The Award will be for a piece of media in any format, including print, film, audio, or digital media.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- All entries should focus on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to the developing world, including Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States. Jurors will be looking for media that covers underreported stories or new angles and approaches to more familiar stories.
- Entries must have had their first screening, broadcast, theatrical release, launch or publication between 1 December 2019 and 30 July 2020.
- The Coronavirus Reporting Award is open to entrants anywhere in the world, as long as the work meets one of the following criteria:
- the entry has been broadcast, screened or published (in print or in an established online publication/website) in the UK; OR
- the entry has been broadcast or published (in an established print/online publication/website) internationally and is available for an English-speaking audience; OR
- the entry has been screened at an international film festival
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Entries will be evaluated based on the overall merit of the piece, with an emphasis on:
- Relevance of the coverage
- The focus must be on stories or topics in, about or related to a developing country
- Include the voices and views of people in/from developing countries
- Quality of the coverage
- Well-crafted, structured and engaging
- High production and editorial values
- Distils and presents complex topics to the target audience in an understandable and accessible way
- Originality and creativity of the coverage
- All entries should highlight underreported stories or issues, or explore new angles on familiar topics.
- They are particularly looking at how the story is told: Is it amplifying voices that are normally unheard? Is it an inspiring story that will create change? Does the story challenge misperceptions or stereotypes of developing countries?
- Substance and accuracy of the coverage
- Depth of research and analysis
- Well-researched, accurate and balanced reporting
- Impact and reach of the coverage
- Demonstrates the actual impact or potential for the coverage to catalyse change
- May have prompted additional media coverage or policy change
- Consideration may be given to the total audience reached
For more information, visit https://www.oneworldmedia.org.uk/announcing-the-coronavirus-reporting-award-2020/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.