Deadline: 21 February 2020
The Landsberg Award is proudly presented by the Canadian Journalism Foundation in association with the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This award will recognize a working journalist (employed or freelance) doing exceptional research, analysis and writing through a gender lens about women’s equality issues in Canada.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The award recipient will receive a $5,000 prize from the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Awarded to a working journalist (employed or freelance) who has done the most to shine a spotlight on women’s equality issues in Canada in print, broadcast or online news reporting in 2019.
- Entries involving more than one contributor are welcome, and will be judged as a single submission.
- Submissions are welcome in the following formats: article, column, online piece, editorial, op-ed, radio program, podcast, television program or documentary film.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Submit one to three examples (in English or French) of original work in print, broadcast or online news reporting that demonstrates exceptional research, analysis and writing through a gender lens and shines a spotlight on women’s equality issues in Canada.
- In the online application, applicants are asked to address the following questions:
- How did a gender analysis and feminist framework inform your work? (maximum 100 words)
- What impact did your stories have? (maximum 100 words)
- What long-term impact do you hope to have with your writing on raising awareness of issues facing women and girls in Canada? (maximum 100 words)
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/31xkqWx