Deadline: 27 March 2017
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is currently accepting applications from journalists for “Reporting migration and trafficking in the Western Balkans”. The workshop will help participants to develop story ideas and will look for cross-border stories where possible. Interested journalists should be open to collaborating with colleagues from other countries.
Participants in the workshop will then have the opportunity to apply for modest grants to cover the costs of reporting their story. Grants will be intended to cover expenses like travel, accommodation away from home, visualisations, and potentially some compensation for the journalist’s time. Those who successfully win a grant will receive editorial support from the Thomson Reuters Foundation and the Center for Investigative Journalism of Serbia.
Thomson Reuters Foundation will cover all transport and subsistence costs of journalists participating in this programme.
- Journalists working for domestic media in the below mentioned countries may apply
- Journalists working in any medium may apply – print, radio, TV, online
- Experience of investigative journalism will help your application but is not essential. We are looking for reporters who are keen to find new stories and new ways to cover migration in the region
- Journalists must be fluent in English
- Journalists must have a minimum of one year’s experience. They should either be working full-time for a media organisation, or a freelancer whose main work is journalism.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Thomson Reuters Foundation.