Deadline: 30 November 2016
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is seeking applications from journalists from around the world for its one-week Reporting Rural Poverty and Agricultural Development workshop in Rome.
In order to ensure the daily issues faced by rural poor people and their communities are acknowledged, it is important that their stories are heard and their voices are amplified. With funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the specialized UN agency, the foundation will bring together journalists from around the world in Rome to attend IFAD’s .
IFAD works with those most affected by poverty, food security, gender inequality, environment and climate change.
Thomson Reuters Foundation acts to promote socio-economic progress and the rule of law worldwide and focus areas span from investigative journalism and media development, to anti-trafficking, pro bono legal assistance, climate change, social innovation and much more.
- Being at the conference will allow journalist’s access to high profile delegates, leading experts in the issues, including IFAD and UN technical experts, as well as a number of small holder farmers who will be invited.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation, through IFAD funding and support, offers full bursaries for journalists from developing world countries working for established media organisations.
- Bursaries would include air travel expenses (economy class), accommodation, local transfers and meals.
- Journalists from around the world in Rome to attend IFAD’s.
- Applicants must be full-time journalists or regular contributors to a media organisation.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country, and should have at least two years’ professional experience and have a good level in spoken and written English.
- Journalists who cover finance are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Foundation is also like to see professional evidence of your interest in the field of rural peoples’ issues and development.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Thomson Reuters Foundation.