Deadline: 26 March 2017
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is currently seeking applications for a 6 day intensive workshop in Islamabad in May 2017, covering relevant journalism skills, safety, and support with developing specific stories.
This project is not only for journalists covering conflict. Every country, no matter where in the world, has issues that people either avoid altogether or discuss in a one-sided manner. We want to help journalists in Pakistan consider how to cover these stories in a way that is both informed and engaging, and that respects the views of all who are involved.
- Journalists working for domestic media anywhere in Pakistan are eligible
- Journalists working in any medium may apply – print, radio, TV, online
- Journalists must be fluent in Urdu and have conversational or fluent English
- Journalists must have a minimum of one year’s experience. They should either be working full-time for a media organisation, or a freelancer whose main work is journalism
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- 2 work samples (maximum file size 5 MB) – in English if possible. If they are not in English, please provide a 250-word English summary of each piece.
- A letter from your editor/Bureau Chief consenting to your participation in the programme and committing to publish/broadcast resulting stories
All application documents must be submitted via email.
Eligible Country: Pakistan
For more information, please visit Reporting Provocative Stories Safely.