Deadline: 20 May 2019
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan has announced an open competition for eligible organizations to submit applications to carry out a program to create and broadcast via television and radio a multi-language drama series set a few years in Afghanistan’s future showing what could be possible if the nation embraced peace and reconciliation.
This cooperative agreement will support the development, production, and television and radio broadcast of a Pashto- and Dari-language television and radio drama series set in Afghanistan’s future following successful peace and reconciliation. It will show possibilities for Afghans as individuals, as communities, and as a nation under a lasting peace and reconciliation process. The drama will attempt to foreshadow the positive results of a successful peace reconciliation process: harmony between ethnicities, safe travel between provinces, job creation, economic growth, foreign investment, construction in the capital and provinces, and Afghanistan’s role as a peaceful and independent nation on the world stage. Through flashbacks, the drama will also show pivotal times in Afghanistan’s history as well as difficult and complex past decisions made by individuals, communities, and the nation that resulted in this peaceful and prosperous future. The series should acknowledge that conflict between characters and groups will remain, but demonstrate how those conflicts are managed peacefully.
The goal of this project is to spur dialogue and galvanize the Afghan population in support of peace and reconciliation.
- Anticipated Award Amount:
- Base Period: The floor for the base period is set at $1,150,000. The ceiling for the base period is set at $1,300,000.
- Option Period One: The floor for option period one is set at $500,000. The ceiling for option period one is set at $750,000.
- Anticipated Performance Period:
- Base Period: 24 months
- Option Period One: 12 months
- Anticipated Program Start Date: October 2019
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Eligibility is open to all types of applicants except for individuals.
- Organizations may sub-award/contract with other entities, but only one entity may be the prime recipient of the award.
- When sub-awarding/contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Cost Sharing: Cost sharing or matching is not required for this funding opportunity.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314059