Within the framework of this call for proposals, UNESCO Dakar intends to rely on an organization active in Senegal and specialized in communication and information (NGO, media association, etc.) to prepare and implement:
- A webinar bringing together a total of 11 journalists and radio presenters, men, and women, from 11 community radio stations from the regions of Dakar (09) and Thiès (02), in order to strengthen their capacities to produce quality radio programs on the impact the COVID-19 crisis on migration and employment challenges for young people in the said regions;
- the production and broadcasting of radio programs (round tables, major reports, magazines, debates) on the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on migration and employment-related challenges for young people.
The main objective of this UNESCO project is to empower young boys and girls to make informed decisions on migration issues through better access to quality information (SDG 16.10).
In its specific objectives, the project aims to:
- strengthen access to quality information for the population in West Africa and Central (in particular the youth considered to be the most vulnerable) on the migration, including irregular migration (root causes, flows, risks), in the sub-region and towards Europe;
- promote gender equality in capacity building of media professionals, editorial content, and access to information, in a particular relationship with migration issues;
- strengthen peaceful dialogue between migrants and host communities in target countries, through the media and communication;
- strengthen the capacities of journalists (especially young people) to produce ethical and professional reporting, including in the field of journalism investigative, on migration;
- also, strengthen the capacities of young artists to produce content on the migration.
Deliverables for the UNESCO project are:
- Strategy for implementing the activity, including a methodological note explaining the work approach adopted and a detailed work plan including the webinar schedule;
- The teaching material for the exchange days;
- The digital platform used for the conduct of the webinar;
- List of experts and their CVs participating in the webinar;
- Organization of the webinar on a digital platform (including invitations, material didactic, etc.);
- The list containing the radio programs to be produced and broadcast on radio stations communities in the regions of Dakar and Thiès;
- Production and broadcasting of radio programs on radio stations communities in the regions of Dakar and Thiès;
- Preparation and dissemination of a press release following the dissemination of radio programs on community radios in the regions of Dakar and from Thiès;
- An activity report, including the required supporting documents (including press and list of radio programs broadcast on radio stations community).
The UNESCO Regional Office in Dakar is looking for an organization (NGOs, CSOs,etc.) who have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least five (05) years of experience in developing a development project in the field of communication and information;
- Solid experience in theoretical training, especially online, and practical media professionals (in particular from community radio stations), notably on the themes of COVID-19, migration, youth, and employment;
- A demonstrated experience of collaboration with community radios from regions of Dakar and Thiès;
- Good knowledge of the challenges and issues of migration and employment in Senegal, and from the perspective of the media;
- A demonstrated capacity in the planning, management, and reporting of activities;
- Previous experiences with United Nations agencies would be an important asset;
- Have excellent writing skills in French. In English would be an asset.
For more information, visit https://en.unesco.org/news/appel-propositions-appui-aux-radios-communautaires-regions-dakar-thies