Deadline: 31 December 2016
The World Health Organization Centre for Health Development (WHO Kobe Centre – WKC), partnering with RAND Europe is seeking Expression of Interest (EOI) for the identification of case-studies on community-based social innovations (CBSIs) that support older people in middle-income countries (MICs).
Community-based social innovations (CBSIs) are initiatives that seek to empower older people to improve self-efficacy in caring for themselves and their peers, maintain well-being and promote social cohesion and inclusiveness.
- In order to be considered as an eligible, the CBSI proposed must be:
- in line with the WHO definition of CBSIs,
- conducted in one of the countries(mentioned below). CBSIs submitted that are not from these countries will not be considered for this study.
- Some of the aspects that the case studies need to address are the following:
- The role and function of older people as a resource for themselves and for others (peers, family, community).
- A description of health and social services delivered by those initiatives and referral processes when they exist.
- Links made within these communities of support between health interventions and social health protection interventions (e.g., help with transportation, livelihoods, pensions, cash or in-kind transfers etc.).
- Coordination mechanisms with formal health and social sector, including any formal connections with the health and social care system, and local community-based services.
- Type of metrics (indicators, monitoring tools) implemented to assess the impact on the health of older adults.
- Measures to understand and respond to health inequities in the population served.
The selection procedure will include:
- verifying eligibility of the CBSI
- assessing the CBSI against the selection criteria
- shortlisting the most suitable CBS
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
- Europe and Central Asia (WHO European Region): Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Georgia, Latvia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine
- East and South Asia: China, Viet Nam (WHO Western Pacific Region), Sri Lanka, Thailand (WHO South-East Asia Region)
- The Middle East and Africa: Iran (Islamic Republic of), Lebanon, Tunisia (WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region), Mauritius (WHO African Region)
- The Americas (WHO Region of the Americas)
- Central and Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Panama, Uruguay
- The Caribbean: Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Dominica, Grenada
For more information, please download the pdf WHO Kobe Centre Call for EOIs.