Deadline: 31 October 2019
Salzburg Global Seminar is inviting mid-career professionals who have the aspiration and potential to be the next generation of senior leaders in mediating peace and promoting reconciliation.
Salzburg Global Seminar is an independent non-profit organization founded in 1947 to challenge current and future leaders to shape a better world. There multi-year program series aim to bridge divides, expand collaboration and transform systems.
Peace is key to ensuring Asia’s sustained development and prosperity as the world’s most populous region grows in global geopolitical and economic importance. But despite the region’s rich experience (positive and negative) in mediating peace and promoting reconciliation, the learning exchange between regional, local, and community-driven initiatives has so far been low.
Launching its first workshop on March 5-9, 2020, the Asia Peace Innovators Forum aims to shape long-term peace, stability, and regional cooperation in Asia by building a network of mid-career professionals working in different sectors and countries to exchange knowledge, community-driven approaches, and best practices.
Participants in the Forum will gather at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria to exchange experience and innovation relevant to geopolitics, historical legacies, demographics and migration, climate change, and natural resource management. Fellows will identify lessons for success to be shared broadly via multiple media and will devise plans to seed new projects to advance peace and mitigate conflicts in the countries in which they work.
The Asia Peace Innovators Forum will bring together three cohorts of 30 Fellows who have demonstrated significant leadership and innovation potential in promoting peace and reconciliation in specific contexts. Applicants should be mid-career professionals, who have the aspiration and potential to be the next generation of senior leaders in peace mediation and community reconciliation.
Applicants should be active in promoting peace mediation and reconciliation in one of the following sectors:
- Civil society, including from religious institutions and philanthropic organizations;
- Local public and private sector institutions, including from municipal offices, local government, small businesses, and entrepreneurs;
- Media, including journalists, social media influencers, thought-leaders, and public intellectuals;
- Education, including teachers, school principals, technical and vocational skills providers, sports trainers, academics, and museum directors;
- Arts and culture, including artists and cultural innovators, who serve as creative practitioners and designers across disciplines to harness the transformative power of the arts for inclusive societal change.
For applicants coming from outside Asia, extra consideration will be given to their experience in conflict prevention, peace mediation, and reconciliation in a broader international context not exclusive to their home countries, including work with intergovernmental organizations and international NGOs.
One fifth of the Fellows will be selected from each of the following geographies:
- Demonstrate a commitment to peace mediation and reconciliation in their home country or region;
- Show creativity in approach and openness to innovation, demonstrated through goal-oriented and action-oriented approaches, risk-taking, networking, and passion for their work;
- Demonstrate a commitment to building crosssectoral and cross-cultural collaborations, and openness to learn about and share new and different approaches;
- Be energetic and curious, unafraid to ask uncomfortable questions and able to motivate others to implement unconventional measures;
- Have a desire to become an active member of the Asia Peace Innovators Forum network and to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining collaborations throughout the coming years;
- Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
How to Apply
Applicants ca apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.salzburgglobal.org/news/latest-news/article/call-for-applications-asia-peace-innovators-forum.html