Deadline: 15 December 2018
The schwelle Foundation is seeking nominations for “International Bremen Peace Award” with an aim to honour people and organizations that set an example through their work contributing to reconciliation, human rights, overcoming of racism, social justice, sustainable handling of nature and environment as well as to intercultural and interreligious understanding.
The Foundation will confer for the ninth time the International Bremen Peace Award for exemplary commitments to Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation.
- Grassroots Peace Worker: This award goes to dedicated individuals and their projects, with special emphasis on future-oriented peace work at the grassroots level; for example, striving for peace in forgotten conflicts, struggling for the rights of marginalized people, or fighting against habitat destruction.
- Peace Ambassador in Public Life: This award goes to renowned public figures that persistently and courageously support Peace, Justice, and the Integrity of Creation, be it in international networks or in different areas of society, such as media, arts, sciences or politics.
- Award of the Donors for Encouraging Initiatives: This award goes to initiatives or organizations that do especially creative, exemplary or sustainable peace work.
- The award winners will be honoured during a public ceremony at the Bremen Town Hall on November 15, 2019.
- The awards are endowed with 5,000 Euros in each category.
- Proposals for the Bremen Peace Award should be submitted by third parties or organizations.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Proposals should be submitted, preferably in English, German or Spanish.
Applicants can send their proposals with the following documentation:
- Full name and address (including email and phone number) of the suggested person/organization, website and name of contact person in organizations
- Reasons for the proposal (not more than 3 pages).
- Information regarding previously received awards, if any.
- Brief presentation of themselves as the person/organization submitting a proposal.
- What is their relationship with the nominated person/organization, how did they get to know the person/organization?
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their nominations at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit International Bremen Peace Award 2019.