Deadline: 21 January 2017
The Peace Revolution is seeking applications for its Pacific Self-Discovery Camp with an aim to promote individuals in the evolvement towards awareness and responsible handling of their personal, situational power.
Pacific Self-Discovery Camp will bring together a group of young people from the Pacific countries who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to discovering their own true self, and making this world a better place to live in. The Camp will incorporate workshops and lectures including:
- Stress Management
- Work-Life Balance
- Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Peace Promotion
- Bring young leaders and activists from Pacific countries together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experiences by fostering mutual understanding, dialogue and cooperation throughout.
- To promote tools of nonviolent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peacebuilders that aims to boost creativity in peaceful development and activism in the region
- Support personal and professional development of participants.
- Provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline, and compassion that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building,youth work, and throughout life in general.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of broader human development, and its resulting world benefit.
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare from your home country to Fiji
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- No retreat fee.
- Candidates must be residents and nationalities from these countries or islands: American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Federated States of Micronesia, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Polynesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tokelau, Tonga, Torres Strait Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Candidates can be of any age! However, for airfare support, candidates should be 20 to 32 years old at the time of submitting the application.
- Complete at least 14 days of the online self-development program by 22nd January 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicant must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Pacific Self-Discovery Camp.