Deadline: 1 March 2019
The U.S. Embassy Nairobi announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to design and implement alumni speaker, networking series, formation of county chapters, community service projects and mentorship programs for U.S. government exchange program alumni in Kenya.
Priority Region: Kenya (All 47 Counties)
- Develop an Alumni speaker series in support of: peace and security, economic empowerment, health, and rule of law – at least 20.
- Support the formation of County Chapters in at least 20 counties including the use of technology to facilitate communication and collaboration among alumni.
- Promote peace and security, economic empowerment, and rule of law through alumni driven community service projects – min of 5 max of 10 projects.
- Develop alumni-led mentorship programs for vulnerable youth – ages 13 to 25 – at each American Space.
- Utilize American Spaces and expand target audiences.
- Utilize technology at American Spaces to connect audiences across Kenya.
- Award amounts: $40,000
- Total available funding: $40,000
- Anticipated program start date: April 1, 2019
- Program Performance Period: 12 months
The following organizations are eligible to apply: U.S.-based non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c) (3); overseas not-for-profit.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=312213