Deadline: 16 December 2016
The Government of Zimbabwe with support from UNDP is seeking applications for its 5 year programme “Developing a baseline and database of Zimbabwean Individual Experts in the field of Peace Building and Social Cohesion Harare Zimbabwe” aimed at deepening foundations for Peace, Dialogue and Social Cohesion in Zimbabwe.
A key component of this programme is to enhance the capacities of key institutions mandated to facilitate and promote peaceful co-existence, enable healing and reconciliation at national and sub-national levels.
To ensure a sustainable approach to capacity enhancement, there is need to have an appreciation of the existing Zimbabwean expertise in the area of Peace Building, Dispute Resolution, Healing and Reconciliation.
This call targets individuals with relevant expertise and experiences in the following areas:
- Peace Building – This will include key aptitudes and competences for effective peacebuilding
- Dialogue facilitation and convening – both at community and national level; sector specific experiences is also welcome;
- Social Cohesion – This will also include trust, confidence and consensus building capacities
- Mediation, Conciliation and Negotiation
- Reconciliation and Healing
- Expertise in Early Warning, Early Response
- Psychosocial Support; Trauma Healing
The respondents to this open call should meet the following minimum requirements:
- This call is open to Zimbabwean nationals only.
- Masters’ degree in relevant areas of studies for example: Development Studies; Political Science; Peace and Conflict Studies, Psychology, Education, Research studies among others.
- At least 7 years’ hands-on experience in peace building, conflict prevention and resolution dialogue facilitation, mediation support, Psychosocial Support and community and national-based peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Sound knowledge of Zimbabwe’s Peace Building context
- Experienced Peace Building Practitioner with strong training, research and facilitation skills
- Strong experience in mainstreaming Gender and Diversity management in Peacebuilding
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit UNDP Call for EOIs.