- They will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
Piloting Winning Ventures
- Besides direct funding, D-Prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the pilot proves successful. They will also provide you access to the D-Prize network of past winners, and will do their best to support you in other ways.
- Round 1
- Submit your concept note and resume(s). They generally receive 1700 submissions per competition.
- Round 2
- Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to answer short written questions. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
- Final Round
- Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of their awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if you are distributing an existing intervention and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
For more information, visit https://d-prize.org/?utm_content=Round1_General+1+2022A