Deadline: 12 May 2019
Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges? If yes, then apply for the D-Prize 2019.
Applications are open for the D-Prize to recognise new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions. The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale.
- Girl’s Education
- Sugar daddy awareness challenge
- Quality seed challenge
- Fertilizer challenge
- Improved farm practices challenge
- Custom agriculture challenge
- Solar lamp challenge
- Cook stove challenge
- Global Health
- Patient identification challenge
- Maternal health challenge
- VMMC challenge
- PMTCT challenge
- Sayana® press challenge
- Immunization challenge
- Flipped classroom challenge
- Student testing challenge
- Governance and Infrastructure
- Transparency challenge
- Propose your own challenge
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- Applicants should have enormous ambition, and can imagine theirselves as a successful entrepreneur.
- Applicants are ready to launch their new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – applicant are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
- If applicants are still a student or have existing commitments, applicant should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
- D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distributionof an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world.
- Prototypes of promising new interventions are not funded.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://d-prize.org/