Deadline: 21 September 2019
Through the Direct Aid Program (DAP), the Australian Embassy supports initiatives of non-governmental organizations in Argentina and Paraguay that seek to reduce poverty and promote development in the region. This is a scheme of competitive funds to support small-scale projects that aim to improve the quality of life of local communities.
The objective of the DAP is to alleviate poverty and promote economic and social development in Argentina and Paraguay while meeting Australia’s international objectives. Special attention is given to the needs of minority groups, women and children.
The DAP is a flexible program of small grants that is applied in Australian diplomatic missions, financing projects in more than 80 countries. The DAP was created with the purpose of providing Australian missions in the world with a flexible mechanism to assist activities aimed at sustainable development.
- Development of children, adolescents and young people: supporting strategies with a focus on access and permanence in formal education, vocational education, sex education, development through cultural and / or sports activities, nutrition and nutritional education, inclusion for children and girls, adolescents and young people with disabilities.
- Gender equity: supporting projects focused on promoting the economic development of women, promoting the recognition of women and LGBT as subjects of law and promoting initiatives that work to reduce violence against women and children.
- Indigenous communities: financing activities and infrastructure to establish or improve access to education, raise awareness about their rights and increase their participation in the community, as well as promote the development of traditional manufactures as a sustainable and productive activity.
- Environment: projects related to the environment and its preservation.
- The average grant awarded per project for this call is a maximum of AUD 20,000 (Australian dollars) per project. The exchange rate will be defined at the time of granting the subsidy.
- The activities proposed in the project must be carried out in a period not exceeding 12 months.
- Projects must be submitted by non-governmental organizations (NGOs), or nonprofit civil associations in Argentina and Paraguay committed to development activities. Proof of registration must be submitted as such.
- Assistance will not be provided to individuals or government agencies.
- The projects submitted must set specific objectives that are aimed at influencing some of the development areas defined for the current call. The structure of the project should promote the active participation of the beneficiaries and self-sustainability. The proposed activities must be clearly defined and must be consistent with the objectives set. The project must specify the expected results.
- Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of their particular merits, in accordance with the general objectives of the DAP in each country.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://argentina.embassy.gov.au/baircastellano/DAP.html