Deadline: 7 January 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Beirut is pleased to announce the 2019 Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Religious Freedom and Pluralism.
The SUSI-Student Leaders on Religious Freedom and Pluralism is an intensive short-term academic program whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The five-week program consists of a series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. The Institutes will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, students will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
- Candidate should be Lebanese or long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon. American citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be a student who has completed at least one semester of university and has at least one undergraduate semester remaining in his/her university studies after the end of this program; applicants who have already graduated from university are ineligible.
- 18 – 25 years of age;
- Fluent in English;
- Interested in religious freedom and pluralism;
- Committed to returning to Lebanon to complete university studies;
- Committed to community and extracurricular activities;
- Willing to participate fully in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- Comfortable with campus life, sharing living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://lb.usembassy.gov/2019-study-of-the-united-states-institutes-for-student-leaders-religious-freedom-and-pluralism/