Deadline: 15 July 2017
The Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) is accepting proposals for its 2017 Young Researchers Awards with an aim to foster innovative research and discovery in biodiversity informatics by graduate students who are working with GBIF-enabled data in master’s and doctoral studies.
The 2017 GBIF Young Researchers Award is funded by SBNO: Stichting ter Bevordering van Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek, with in-kind support from Pensoft Publishers through waiving of publication charges.
The programme intends to make two awards of €5,000.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a university’s masters or doctoral programme to be eligible to submit a proposal to the GBIF Young Researcher Award programme.
- Students must apply through and be nominated by a Head of Delegation (HoD) of a GBIF Participant country (mentioned below).
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit maximum of two proposals via e-mail via at the address given on the website.
- Proposal Format:
- Summary of Research Project
- Dataset URL
- Curriculum vitae
- Supporting documents
- An official letter from the student’s faculty mentor/supervisor certifying that the applicant is a student in good standing in the graduate programme of the university.
- At least one, and no more than three, letters of support from established researchers active in a field that encompasses and incorporates biodiversity informatics (e.g., genetics, species composition and traits, biogeography, ecology, systematics, etc.)
Eligible Countries: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Benin, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Guinea, Iceland, Ireland, Kenya, Korea, Republic of, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, United Republic of Togo, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Brazil, Central African Republic, Chile, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Malawi, Pakistan, Philippines.
For more information, please visit Young Researchers Award.