If you have an inventive new idea and proof of concept and are interested in developing it further with leading Nokia Bell Labs researchers, you’ve come to the right place.
The Nokia Bell Labs Prize is a competition for innovators from participating countries around the globe. It seeks to recognize innovations that solve the key challenges facing humanity and provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Nokia Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.
- Nokia Bell Labs awards a first prize of $100K, a second prize of $50K and a third prize of $25K, all paid directly to prize winners.
- All three winners are also considered for the unique opportunity to work within the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs to further explore their ideas, following the end of the competition.
- This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communication technologies. Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Reside in one of these listed countries:
- United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom
- Employees, partners, and consultants of Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Interns employed by Sponsor or its affiliates are eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, an “intern” means a student currently pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university, hired to work for Sponsor or its affiliates on a temporary basis.
For more information, visit Bell Labs.