The Marcus Wallenberg Foundation invites applications for the Young Researchers’ Challenge with the chance to win a spot at the Prize ceremony and banquet in honour of the 2023 Marcus Wallenberg Prize Winners.
Take the chance to present your research to leading scientists and representatives of the forest-based industry and fellow researchers from all over the world. The program will range from November 12-14, 2023.
Present your vision
- Briefly describe your research and how you think it will have an impact on the forest-based industry and society as a whole.
- Present your vision for the development you want to promote with your research and how current obstacles can be overcome. You are free to discuss opportunities in a wide range of research and business areas in the sector.
Chance to win (at the expense of the Foundation)
- Starting early afternoon on November 12, the program includes interaction with this year’s prize winners, overview presentations, and with the opportunity to network with fellow scientists.
- On November 13, you will be given the opportunity to present your research in a “3-Minute Presentation” session to your fellow young researchers and the MWP Selection Committee members who will moderate the session and act as jury. This will be filmed and made available for you.
- Ceremony and banquet to be held in the evening of November 13 in the presence of Their Majesties the King and Queen of Sweden.
- Symposium to be held on November 13 on the theme of this year’s Prize.
- A poster session in connection with the Symposium in which you will have the opportunity to present and discuss your research with leading scientists and industry representatives.
- After the symposium, you will be able to interact with last year’s prize winners and more.
- Accommodation at the Grand Hotel Stockholm for one night of the two needed.
- They are inviting researchers 35 years old or younger, post-docs, or PhD students to participate.
- After evaluation, 30 contributions will be selected to be invited to the 2023 MWP Prize Ceremony and extended program. All winning participants are expected to submit a short abstract on their research project to be presented in both a pitch and a poster session.
Who covers the costs for travel and accommodation?
- Applicants need to cover their own costs for travel to Stockholm and accommodation for one night and the second night is covered by MWP.
- International applicants are recommended to apply for funding from their own Universities or other financiers.
- For applicants from Swedish organizations the MWP Foundation has financing from the Erik Johan Ljungberg Utbildningsfond.
For more information, visit MWP.