The Research for Policy Award is a new funding instrument being introduced as part of the Marine Institute’s suite of instruments under the Marine Research Programme that aims to deliver policy relevant information in a timely manner.
Types of research that can be undertaken:
- Evidence synthesis and analysis.
- Gap analysis.
- Literature reviews.
- Meta reviews or science/knowledge synthesis.
- Review of policies, policy options, and policy opportunities and supports.
- Foresight analysis.
- Comparative (benchmarking) analysis.
- Projects may also include laboratory analysis, surveys, and data-based analysis or modelling experimental work.
Funding Information and Duration
- The maximum grant-aid per award will be 120,000 Euro for 12 months (60,000 Euro for six months). The Marine Institute expect to invest circa €0.45 million for four or five awards under both 1st and 2nd calls.
- The duration of the successful awards under this call is up to 12 months.
- Applications are invited from eligible legal entities with the appropriate scientific and technical qualifications and research expertise.
- Eligible applicants are Higher Education Institutes, Research Institutes/Public Research Bodies, Not-forProfit Organisations and Companies/Private Organisations. Applicant organisations can be either national (based on the island of Ireland), European or international.
- Note: Applicants are welcomed from international organisations in countries that have already significantly developed a sustainable blue economy, through their green transition to clean, climate-proof and environmentally-friendly activities.
- It is expected that there would be only one applicant organisation due to the level of funding being provided, but partnerships are allowed with a maximum of two partners.
- Note: This call is not open to researchers from the Marine Institute to apply
For more information, visit Marine Institute.