Nominations are now open for the “Role of Water in Agrifood Systems Transformation” Special Prize co-hosted with International Water Management Institute (IWMI) MENA Region, Food and Agriculture Youth Institute (FAYI – IAAS), to address one of the most pressing challenges of the time: water scarcity.
As the largest water user worldwide, the agriculture sector is uniquely positioned to drive the transition towards sustainable water management.
The goal is to encourage researchers to propose transformative solutions that ensure the sustainable use and management of water in different agricultural landscapes. With a focus on agrifood systems transformation, the Role of Water prize aims to promote innovative solutions.
Finalists and winners can receive:
- Travel allowance to attend the World Food Forum in Rome, between the 16th and 20th of October 2023.
- Personalized mentorship from IWMI MENA to help “translate” their concept notes into a concrete research output.
- Publication of their research through FAO.
- Each team will be coached in the preparation of the lightening talk for the final presentations.
- Access to a global audience of young leaders and organizations from the public and private sectors, including the United Nations.
- A platform for global youth to showcase their innovative research ideas and the chance to pitch their research project to a global audience and international expert panel at the WFF.
- Ongoing promotion through the WFF platforms.
- Additionally, the winners will receive internship opportunities with IWMI MENA.
How can I join?
- Youth volunteers, youthful partners, and sponsors are invited to participate and help bring the movement to life. Spread the word about the WFF and engage with them in key solutions for building a better food future for everyone, everywhere.
For more information, visit IWMI MENA Region.