Deadline: 25 July 2019
Welcome Trust has announced the Senior Research Fellowships Program 2019 to support independent researchers who want to tackle the most important questions in science and who are leaders in their field.
- Senior Research Fellowship is for up to seven years. After this time, applicants can apply for one renewal of up to 5 years.
- The fellowship may be held on a part-time basis.
- The award includes:
- A basic salary
- A fellowship supplement of £12,500 if applicants paid on a non-clinical salary scale
- Personal removal expenses
- Research expenses, including research staff
- Applicants can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship if applicants are already leading their own independent research programme. The programme of work their propose must be innovative and ambitious.
- Applicants should have a higher degree (PhD or equivalent) and significant research experience.
- Applicants should be able to show:
- Applicants work is important, original and has impact
- They have made important contributions to their area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice.
- Applicants are developing an international reputation as a research leader in their field.
- Applicants are committed to developing and mentoring less experienced researchers.
- Applicants must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation. Their host organisation must be located in one of the following:
- Republic of Ireland
- A low- or middle-income country
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/senior-research-fellowships