Deadline: 1 November 2019
The Saïd Foundation Scholarships Programme aims to promote education and development in the Middle East by providing educational and training opportunities to outstanding individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change. Scholarships help career development and enable individuals to achieve impact in their professional fields and bring benefits to others in their countries of origin.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Each year, The Foundation offers around 30 postgraduate scholarships to nationals from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. Scholarships are fully funded and are primarily offered for one year postgraduate courses based in the UK. In exceptional circumstances it may be possible to consider candidates for two year courses.
There are no restrictions on academic subjects but candidates must demonstrate that their subject will enable them to contribute to the development of their home country.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Foundation also offers one or two PhD/DPhil scholarships a year at the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge only.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
In order to be considered for a Saïd Foundation Scholarship all candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese or Palestinian nationality and must permanently reside in one of these countries. The Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in their final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Have work and/or voluntary experience that is relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Have applied for an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
- Meet the Foundation’s English language requirements (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each band). Some universities have higher requirements so candidates are expected to meet these requirements too.
- Upload all required documentation.
Eligibility criteria for PhD/DPhil Programmes
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
In addition to the above criteria, candidates for PhD/DPhil programmes must also meet the following:
- Apply for a PhD or DPhil course at either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge only.
- Hold an existing teaching post at a university in their home country and can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country.
- Upload a supporting statement from your proposed university supervisor or other academic/professional expert which supports the relevance of the research topic and need for your studies at the PhD level in your home country.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Candidates can apply for a Saïd Foundation Scholarship via online application form available on the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.saidfoundation.org/pages/9-said-foundation-scholarships-programme
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.