Deadline: 20 February 2017
Google is seeking applications for its #Hash Code Challenge 2017 that is a team-based programming competition organized by Google for students and industry professionals across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The competition takes place over two rounds:
- Online Qualification Round. The team can participate from one of the competition hubs or from wherever else they’d like.
- Final Round. Top scoring teams from the Online Qualification Round will be invited to Google Paris to compete in the Final Round of the competition.
- Top scoring teams from the Online Qualification Round will be notified on 28th February 2017 and invited to the Final Round at Google Paris.
- Google will present a second challenge, and the winning teams will be awarded cool Google prizes.
- In addition to the competition, participants will also get the chance to learn more about Google through a variety of tech talks and presentations.
- There is no fee to participate in the competition.
- Participants will be responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodation. Participants will be able to apply for a travel grant from Google (between 100 and 500 EUR) in order to help offset these costs. If selected, participants will receive the grant after the Final Round takes place.
- Hash Code is open to university students and industry professionals in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Applicants must be over the legal age of your country of residence and at least over 18 years of age at the date of the Online Qualification Round.
- Team can consist of two, three or four members and team composition cannot be changed after the Online Qualification Round has begun.
- Some participants may leave the team, but a team which has only one remaining participant is automatically disqualified.
How to Apply
- Each Participant must register through a form on the Competition website: and include all the required information.
- In the registration form, each Participant must notably provide the Google Account (Gmail address) that he/she will use to connect to the online judge system. If the Participant does not have a Google account, he/she must open one before registering.
- All the data provided through the registration process must be complete and correct and provided in English.
Eligible Country: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See), Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
For more information, please visit Google #Hash Code Challenge.