Deadline: 25 April 2018
Nokia Bell Labs is seeking applications for its 2018 Bell Labs Prize that seeks to recognize proposals that ‘change the game’ in the field of information and communications technologies by a factor of 10, and provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.
The Bell Labs Prize (the “Contest”) is offered by the Bell Labs Organization of Nokia of America Corporation, a subsidiary of Nokia Corporation.
- Web Applications
- Cloud Services
- Information Theory
- Coding Theory
- Computational Sciences
- Distributed Systems
- Data Privacy
- Mathematics of Networks
- Modulation Schemes
- Optical Systems or Components
- Communications Systems
- Network Protocols
- Network Architecture
- RF design
- Fixed Network technologies
- Software-Defined Networks
- Virtualization Technologies
- Real-time Analytics
- Search algorithms
- Self-Optimizing Networks
- Inference systems
Bell Labs will be awarding a:
- 1st prize of $100K,
- 2nd Prize of $50K and
- 3rd prize of $25K.
To participate you must:
- Be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and legally able to accept this Offer
- Possess a bachelors, masters or doctoral degree from an accredited university or institution of higher learning.
- If you have acquired this degree outside the jurisdiction you submit the Application from, you must be legally entitled to hold this degree and the associated title in that jurisdiction.
- You must further meet all the requirements set forth in this Offer.
- The Offer is not open to any other individuals restricted by U.S. export control laws or economic sanctions and/or by any other applicable export control laws.
- In particular, You must correctly identify your country or countries of citizenship as well as your country of residence (and if the countries of citizenship and residence differ, to identify your applicable residency status).
- Your country of residence must be from among the list available on the Site.
- Prior to any Application being selected for Stage 2, Sponsor will make its own determination as to whether you are restricted by U.S. export control laws or economic sanctions and/or by any other applicable export control laws (including, but not limited to, requirements for export control licenses) with respect to any disclosures or exports of information that may occur in course of the Contest. Any such restriction will render you ineligible to participate in the Offer.
- The Offer is not open to residents of the Quebec Province of Canada.
- The Offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including but not limited to jurisdictions where Sponsor would be required either to register with or make a payment to a governmental authority as a legal requirement of holding the Contest in that jurisdiction.
- You must abide by all applicable export control laws including but not limited to those of the United States, the European Union, and your country of residence. If any part of your application and the proposals therein falls in the scope of export control laws, which you must determine independently, you must provide Sponsor with written proof of compliance with all applicable laws, including copies of all required licenses.
- Employees, directors, members, partners, agents, and consultants of Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members as well as the supplier of goods or services in connection with the Contest are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Individuals to whom an offer of employment with Sponsor or one of its affiliates is outstanding or for whom Sponsor provides specific funding for post-graduate studies are also not eligible to participate.
- Teams of up to four (4) eligible persons are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the criteria above and follows the additional rules applicable to teams.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit NOKIA Bell Labs.