Deadline: 14 June 2019
Are you a fast-growing European digital technology scaleup? Has your company developed deep tech solutions within the areas of industry, cities, wellbeing, finance or digital core technologies? Does your company already have significant revenues and is less than ten years old? if Yes, then apply for the EIT Digital Challenge 2019.
The EIT Digital Challenge is an international pitching competition focused on deep tech scaleups late stage startups seeking to accelerate their growth. Deep tech comapnies create innovations that are built around unique, often protected or hard to reproduce technological or scientific advances. They have a strong research base and develop disruptive solutions that fuel the digital transformation.
In total, 25 scaleups in five categories will be selected to pitch their product or service in front of an international jury of corporates and investors at the final event in October. The two best companies per category will gain 12 months in the EIT Digital Accelerator worth €50,000 to scale up their business. On top of that, the first prize winner in each category receives a cash prize of €50,000.
- Digital Industry: Inventing the digital future with core technologies providing secure, robust, responsive and intelligent communications and computation.
- Digital Cities: Serving the cities with digital technologies addression urban mobility, citizen inclusiveness and engagement, and city safety.
- Digital Wellbeing: The digital transformation of the industry, from production to logistics to retail.
- Digital Tech: Safeguarding health for the youth, the working professional and the elderly by analysing sensor data.
- Digital Finance: The disruption of digital transactions and institutions with technologies that allow transparency, efficiency, security and trust.
- Win an international growth package worth up to €100,000 Prize Package
- Market access and fundraising support
- Pan-European innovation network
- International visibility
- Applicants will receive a lump sum of €1,000 to cover their travel costs.
- The amount will be transferred to applicants after the final event. This challenge do not require any receipts or bills from applicants. No additional costs will be covered.
- Innovative scaleups incorporated in one of the 28 member states of the European Union or in an Horizon 2020 associated country to be eligible.
- Companies need to be in the growth stage, which has to be proven by showing either minimum revenues of €300,000 in 2018, or in 2019 until the date of application, or by having raised total funding of min. €2,000,000.
- Lastly, the company needs to be in operation for less than ten years.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine
For more information, please visit https://www.eitdigital.eu/challenge/