Deadline: 31 October 2018
Nominations are open for the Mahathir Science Award in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
The Mahathir Science Award (MSA) is established to be Malaysia’s most prestigious international Science Award for tropical sciences, administered by the Mahathir Science Award Foundation (MSAF).
- To bestow on scientists, institutions or organizations worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems of the tropics through science and technology
- To confer the award to researchers who have made internationally recognized breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research and who have contributed cutting edge tropical research that have brought impact on the well-being of society in the fields of Tropical Medicine, Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Architecture and Engineering and Tropical Natural Resources.
- To uplift the stature of the science award to be as one of the prominent international science award, and to oversee the selection process for such a science award.
- To encourage excellence in tropical science research that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and the global community; to contribute towards scientific tropical research that will benefit mankind, promote international exchange programmes, sharing of knowledge, and other business development through scientific activities in connection with the foregoing objectives.
This award will be given to researchers who have made internationally recognised breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research in the following fields:
- Tropical Agriculture
- Tropical Architecture and Engineering
- Tropical Medicine
- Tropical Natural Resources
- One award will be conferred each year covering any of the four fields. The award carries a cash prize of USD 100,000.00, a gold medal and a certificate.
- This award bestowed on any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
- The selection of candidates is based on the originality of each candidate’s achievements, the impact of candidate’s achievements, including future impact and its significance in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity.
- Any individual or organisation can nominate for the award. However, this individual or organisation cannot self-nominate themselves.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit MSAF.