Deadline: 6 April 2018
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is currently accepting applications for The Falling Wall Lab Vietnam program.
The Falling Walls Lab is a challenging, inspiring and interdisciplinary format for outstanding talents. It offers the opportunity to excellent academics and professionals to present their innovative ideas, research projects and social initiatives.
The DAAD has brought an innovative, inspiring and interdisciplinary format for aspiring researchers for the first time to Vietnam – the Falling Walls Lab. Falling Walls Lab is a unique competition that provides young researchers and entrepreneurs a platform to present their innovative ideas, research projects and social initiatives. The challenge is to present this in just 3 minutes in English!
All disciplines are welcome: from agriculture, medicine, economics, engineering to the humanities.
Why applicants should be part of it
Being part of the Falling Walls Lab will inspire applicants and provide them with insights by other participants, decision makers of enterprises leading in innovation and distinguished representatives of scientific institutions.
The Falling Walls Lab:
- supports interdisciplinary dialogue and international cooperation.
- connects aspiring innovators and senior researchers.
- develops new and sustainable ways of scientific communication.
The winner of the Lab Vietnam gets to compete at the global Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2018 with Lab winners from across the world, and also gets a ticket to the prestigious Falling Walls Conference on 9 November where leaders from science, industry and policy-making meet. The round-trip flight ticket to Berlin and the accommodation in Berlin for 8-9 November 2018 will be sponsored.
- The Falling Walls Lab Vietnam addresses a broad range of people from all professional backgrounds and disciplines.
- They are looking for:
- The selection criteria are as follows:
- If a person has a Bachelor’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 10 years.
- If a person has a Master’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 7 years.
- If a person has a PhD, the degree should not date back more than 5 years.
- Postdocs and students currently enrolled in university are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant has to be of legal age (18 years or older) in order to participate in the Falling Walls
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Falling Walls Lab 2018.