Deadline: 22 January 2019
Google.org has announced a open call to organizations around the world to submit their ideas for how they could use Artificial intelligence (AI) to help address societal challenges.
Google.org is looking for projects across a range of social impact domains and levels of technical expertise, from organizations that are experienced in AI to those with an idea for how they could be putting their data to better use.
Selected organizations will receive support from Google’s AI experts, Google.org grant funding from a $25M pool, credit and consulting from Google Cloud, and more.
- Impact. How will the proposed project address a societal challenge, and to what extent? Is the application grounded in research and data about the problem and the solution? Is there a clear plan to deploy the AI model for real-world impact, and what are the expected outcomes?
- Feasibility. Does the team have a well-developed, realistic plan to execute on the proposal? Does the team have a plan to access a meaningful dataset and technical expertise to apply AI to the problem? Have they identified the right partners and domain experts needed for implementation?
- Use of AI. Does the proposal apply AI technology to tackle the issue it seeks to address?
- Scalability. If successful, how can this project scale beyond the initial proposal? Can it scale directly, serve as a model for other efforts, or advance the field?
- Responsibility. Does the proposed use of artificial intelligence align with Google’s AI Principles?
- The Challenge is open to any nonprofit organization, public charity, or for-profit business from around the world, provided that they apply for a project that has a charitable purpose.
- Unfortunately, individuals without organizational affiliation are ineligible.
- Individuals and organizations that ordinarily reside or are located in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, or Syria are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Organizations will have to submit their applications via given website.
For more information, please visit Google AI Impact Challenge.