Deadline: 4 August 2019
LEAP Africa is seeking applications for its Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2019-2020 that is a yearly immersive fellowship that empowers and equips 20 young African changemakers with requisite skills and tools for building sustainable enterprises.
LEAP Africa is a youth-focused leadership development nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of leaders with skills and tools for personal, organization and community transformation. Its interventions for youth, bridges gaps in effective leadership, education, employability, entrepreneurship and awakens civic participation in citizens to demand good governance or creatively address social issues.
The SIP accepts 20 social innovators annually for a period of 12 months; from November 2019 to November 2020.
- The SIP is LEAP’s platform to equips, supports and showcases social innovators and entrepreneurs, enabling them build and sustain their social innovations towards national and systems level social change. Therefore, being a member of this prestigious Fellowship, affords applicants:
- The opportunity to be equipped with leadership, management and entrepreneurial skills for personal, organisational and community transformation
- The opportunity to build valuable global networks within the social innovation and enterprise space
- Access to a support ecosystem of talent, advisory, funding and other resources that will support the growth and sustainability of applicants innovation
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
During the course of the Fellowship, Fellows will be exposed to:
- 6 day residential sustainability training/ workshop
- Mentoring by seasoned professionals
- Webinars, online learning and advisory support
- Alumni meet-ups and networking access to global opportunities and fellowships
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise/ Foundation, located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise beyond one to three years prior to the commencement of the Fellowship
- Initiator/ co- founder must be available for the full course of the 12 month period to implement the learnings into sustaining their innovation/ enterprise
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For further information, please visit http://www.leapafrica.org/sip-apply/