Deadline: 4 August 2019
LEAP Africa is seeking applications for its Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2019-2020 that is a yearly immersive fellowship that empowers and equips 20 young African changemakers with requisite skills and tools for building sustainable enterprises.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
LEAP Africa is a youth-focused leadership development nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of leaders with skills and tools for personal, organization and community transformation. Its interventions for youth, bridges gaps in effective leadership, education, employability, entrepreneurship and awakens civic participation in citizens to demand good governance or creatively address social issues.
The SIP accepts 20 social innovators annually for a period of 12 months; from November 2019 to November 2020.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The SIP is LEAP’s platform to equips, supports and showcases social innovators and entrepreneurs, enabling them build and sustain their social innovations towards national and systems level social change. Therefore, being a member of this prestigious Fellowship, affords applicants:
- The opportunity to be equipped with leadership, management and entrepreneurial skills for personal, organisational and community transformation
- The opportunity to build valuable global networks within the social innovation and enterprise space
- Access to a support ecosystem of talent, advisory, funding and other resources that will support the growth and sustainability of applicants innovation
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
During the course of the Fellowship, Fellows will be exposed to:
- 6 day residential sustainability training/ workshop
- Mentoring by seasoned professionals
- Webinars, online learning and advisory support
- Alumni meet-ups and networking access to global opportunities and fellowships
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise/ Foundation, located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise beyond one to three years prior to the commencement of the Fellowship
- Initiator/ co- founder must be available for the full course of the 12 month period to implement the learnings into sustaining their innovation/ enterprise
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For further information, please visit http://www.leapafrica.org/sip-apply/