Do you have an innovative idea that could revolutionize the field of Global Security? If yes, then apply now for this 2020 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
The winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an online event to be held in November 2020. The prize for the application coming in first position is CHF 10’000 and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established a prize in order to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
Criteria for Selection
The winners (first, second and third place) will be selected by the panel of judges, and selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Dedication to sustainable global security;
- Preservation of human dignity, security and justice;
- The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, or group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security, and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
- Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members are not eligible participants.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include:
- a project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- a well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and the collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
- up to five image files (optional).
- Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- Applications must be in English.
For more information, visit https://www.gcsp.ch/global-insights/apply-2020-gcsp-prize-innovation-global-security