The second edition of the Call for Youth and Agenda 2030 has been published by the Piedmont Region, the funding call for the Piedmont Region launched as part of Mindchangers – Regions and youth for Planet and People.
The call is intended to reach young people between the ages of 15 and 35 with project proposals that must:
- increase the awareness and commitment of young people to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- strengthen and support partnerships between local authorities, civil society organizations and young people at the local level
- focus on issues related to climate change and / or migration
- include global citizenship education and communication activities
The main objective of strengthening the commitment of young people in the European Union and increasing public awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals of the European Union. ‘Agenda 2030 and the new European Consensus for development in 6 EU countries, through communication and capacity building activities of Local Authorities (AL) and small and medium-sized civil society organizations (OSC).
The specific objectives identified and outlined by the project are:
- encourage the participation of young people as protagonists of sustainable development and change, favoring the passage from awareness to active engagement and mobilizing them locally and internationally;
- To innovate the strategies of LAs and CSOs for the involvement of young people on the themes of sustainable development and international cooperation and in particular in the two areas of interest: Climate change and Migration.
The total resources made available by this Call amount to Euro 400,000.00.
The resources are structured as follows:
- Actions conducted by civil society organizations (CSOs) Financial endowment: 230,000.00 Euros.
- Actions conducted by local authorities (AL) Financial endowment: 170,000.00 Euros.
The initiatives financed by this Call must involve young people between the ages of 15 and 35 in the Piedmont area as the main target group, on an individual and / or collective level, also with the participation of informal groups. Projects should clearly define the specific target groups of young people and cannot involve young people in formal education.
However, other target groups of different ages may also be involved in the initiative
The call is divided into two lots, specifically:
- addressed to non-profit civil society organizations and in possession of the required requisites
- addressed to the local Piedmontese authorities
For more information, visit https://www.ongpiemonte.it/progetti/giovani-agenda2030-2/