Deadline: 3 August 2018
The AIDF Global Summit is currently seeking nominations for its Innovator of the Year Award to celebrate individuals as well as teams who have introduced game-changing initiatives, created research or inventions that have made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors globally over the past year.
The aim is to recognise individuals for their inspiring leadership, forward-thinking, creative problem-solving and implementation of innovative programmes that have helped drive the global progress towards Sustainable Development Goals.
The award winner will benefit from extensive media coverage and industry recognition for their achievements in humanitarian aid and development. The recipient will be awarded the following:
- A crystal award at the AIDF Global Summit 2018.
- Free registration for the AIDF Global Summit 2019.
- A press release announcing the award winner will be published on the website with details of the winner’s initiatives, research or inventions that made an impact on the global humanitarian aid and development sectors over the past year.
- Social media endorsements by AIDF.
- Inspired Innovation: Nominees should exhibit a thoughtful, creative and innovative approach to resolving humanitarian and development challenges over the past year.
- Proven Impact: the initiatives, research or inventions that nominees have introduced or implemented should demonstrate a positive impact on solving global humanitarian aid and development challenges.
- Building on Success: nominees should be looking to enhance and grow the impact of their initiatives, research or inventions to accelerate progress towards Sustainable Development Goals, including future plans to take their idea to the next level.
- All finalists should be available to attend the awards ceremony on 5th September 2018 at the Ronal Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington DC, USA.
- Nominations are open to individuals who work for UN and government agencies, NGOs, donors and development banks active within the humanitarian aid and development sector.
- An award can be based on the work of a team but needs to contain a name of the team leader i.e. nominee, who will accept the award on the team’s behalf.
- Self-nominations are allowed.
- Please obtain the nominee’s consent to participate in this award program.
- There is no submission fee, however, if you are entering a nomination, please ensure that you complete all required fields of the nomination form.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit AIDF Global Summit.