Applications are now open for the Designing a Sustainable Secondary Substation Challenge.
Enel Global Infrastructure & Networks is looking for a new design concept for a prefabricated secondary substation, which must have innovative features in design, materials, and construction, incorporating the principles of sustainability and, in particular, a circular by design approach.
The described Challenge aims to identify an innovative architectural design of a street level secondary substation that utilizes sustainable materials and improves the integration of the structure in rural and urban contexts, while retaining existing functionality.
An InnoCentive RTP (Reduction to Practice) Challenge is a prototype that proves an idea, and is similar to an InnoCentive Theoretical Challenge in its high level of detail. However, an RTP requires the Solver to submit a validated solution, either in the form of original data or a physical sample. Also, the Seeker is allowed to test the proposed solution.
- The total prize pool budget is $30,000. Furthermore, partial awards may be considered for solutions that meet some, but not all, of the criteria.
- InnoCentive is the global innovation marketplace where creative minds solve some of the world’s most important problems for cash awards up to $1 million. Commercial, governmental and humanitarian organizations engage with InnoCentive to solve problems that can impact humankind in areas ranging from the environment to medical advancements.
The submission to the Challenge should include the following:
- An explanation of the proposed solution addressing specific Solution Requirements along with a well-supported rationale and pertinent data
- Schematics that illustrate important aspects of the design
- A cost assessment, prototyping timeline, and implementation strategy
For more information, visit https://innocentive.wazoku.com/challenge/c5cc46fc369b4dbb9b2d392527cd9329?searchIndex=2