Deadline: 19 July 2019
Applications are now open for MY World 2030 Asia-Pacific Advocates Programme which is a series of comprehensive advocacy activities led by the UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub, UNV Asia-Pacific and UN SDG Action Campaign aiming to advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promote citizen engagement and data collection activities among young people across the Asia-Pacific region.
The Programme is a community-driven initiative designed for volunteers to raise awareness, build ownership among the general public, NGOs, private sector and local governments, and act on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
After two successful rounds, another group of talented young leaders will be selected to join the Advocacy Programme and will have the opportunity to work as MY World 2030 Advocates and become agents of change in their community, city, region and country.
- Raise awareness for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Collect citizen data and input using the MY World 2030 survey
- Advocate for citizen engagement in the implementation of the SDGs
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Mobilize applicants community, city, region and country to start taking action for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Collect at least 500 MY World 2030 votes and 5 Humans of MY World Stories in applicants community, city, region and country
- Organize a local advocacy event with local, regional, national stakeholders
- Document applicants activities: write blogs, take photos and be active on social media
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Learning and training webinars with the opportunity to develop real life experience/skills with the support from UN development practitioners.
- Opportunity to be sponsored to participate in a workshop organized in Bangkok (September-December 2019).
- Become part of the SDG Action Network, a global network of thousands of volunteers and organizations, challenging one another to make something meaningful happen.
- Receive a certificate of completion of the programme, and more importantly, discover where applicants talent, passion, and the needs of the world intersect.
Six months: August 2019-January 2020
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
In order to apply applicants need to match the following criteria:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Applicants must be a national or a resident of the following countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam. Other Asia-Pacific countries will also be considered.
- Applicants must be passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals and believe in a world where people can shape their own future.
- Applicants must possess good organizational and communication skills, and have the ability to work independently.
- Applicants must be available and willing to work at least 6-8 hours a week for the duration of the programme.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://sdgactioncampaign.org/aseanadvocates/