Deadline: 18 November 2019
Applications are now open for “Agence Française de Développement (AFD) Digital Challenge – African Cities for a sustainable future”.
CREATION OF QUALITY URBAN SERVICES
- The development of digital tools that focus on creating or improving sustainable and efficient public services
- Waste collection services
- Innovative urban transportation
- Access to water
URBAN PLANNING FOR THE MOST VULNERABLE
- The use of digital technology to improve the knowledge of the city, facilitate the local decision making and improve the risk and disaster management.
- Satellite imaging
- Participatory or community mapping
- Participatory alert system in the context of a health or environmental disaster
STIMULATION OF LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- The development of digital services that stimulates local economic activity.
- Urban tourism
- Valorisation of an architectural or natural heritage
- Agri-food sector in the city (product designations of origin, traceability, etc.)
IMPROVING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CITIZENS AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES
- Use of digital technology to improve exchanges between local authorities and citizens.
- Electronic Administration
- 20 000 €
- International Visibility
- A tailor-made support program “Acceleration pack”
The Challenge is opened to any structure established in one or several countries on the African continent.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit https://www.afddigitalchallenge.afd.fr