Deadline: 18 November 2019
Applications are now open for “Agence Française de Développement (AFD) Digital Challenge – African Cities for a sustainable future”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
CREATION OF QUALITY URBAN SERVICES
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The development of digital tools that focus on creating or improving sustainable and efficient public services
- Waste collection services
- Innovative urban transportation
- Access to water
URBAN PLANNING FOR THE MOST VULNERABLE
- The use of digital technology to improve the knowledge of the city, facilitate the local decision making and improve the risk and disaster management.
- Satellite imaging
- Participatory or community mapping
- Participatory alert system in the context of a health or environmental disaster
STIMULATION OF LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The development of digital services that stimulates local economic activity.
- Urban tourism
- Valorisation of an architectural or natural heritage
- Agri-food sector in the city (product designations of origin, traceability, etc.)
IMPROVING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CITIZENS AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES
- Use of digital technology to improve exchanges between local authorities and citizens.
- Electronic Administration
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- 20 000 €
- International Visibility
- A tailor-made support program “Acceleration pack”
The Challenge is opened to any structure established in one or several countries on the African continent.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit https://www.afddigitalchallenge.afd.fr