The Spindle has launched a call for applications for the 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations of 2020.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This year the Spindle, the innovation platform of Partos, provides the opportunity for 100 inspiring digital innovations in the field of development cooperation to be listed on both the Spindle and Partos website, known for its wide reach amongst Dutch NGOs.
From these 100 innovations, a group of digital experts from, for example, Kenya, Uganda and Bangladesh will select the 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations (MIDIs). These 30 MIDIs will win a professional pitch video created by video maker and the opportunity to participate in a digital co-creation session to tackle a specific challenge in their road to success.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
They welcome innovative applications from all over the world and from all types of actors and organisations who are working towards a sustainable, just and inclusive world.
The Spindle is looking for
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
If you or your organisation has a recently developed digital product or service, which contributes to an inclusive, just, collaborative and a sustainable world, you are ready to join! Have you recently developed a tool, platform or application on for example artificial intelligence or blockchain? Did you develop a new way of working, using digital technologies? Then you might have one of the 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations in your hands. Dare to share!
- You have a digital innovation that is built and invented in an African, Latin-American or Asian country.
- Your digital innovation contributes to closer cooperation between organisations working on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Your digital innovation contributes to the inclusion of marginalised groups.
- Your digital innovation is set up more than six months ago but is not yet over two years old at the time of submission.
- Your digital innovation finds itself in a phase somewhere between ‘tested concept’ and ‘early upscaling’. Meaning, it cannot be large scaled-up projects.
- The submission should contain a clear explanation of how the project contributes to one or more of the themes of the Spindle.
- You or another representative of your project is available to record a video and to join the online digital co-creation session on September 15th and on October 9th during the (online) Partos Innovation Festival 2020.
- You have access to a good internet connection which ensures your participation during above-mentioned sessions.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
In selecting the 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations, the expert group focuses on the following elements:
- Thematic focus: The digital innovation contributes to the achievement of the SDGs and creates impact for one or more of The Spindle themes.
- Recent: The digital innovation was introduced no longer than two years ago.
- Other focus points will follow soon: The expert group will work together and co-create other criteria they’ll focus on.
What’s to Win?
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
If you are selected as one of the 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Record a pitch video with a professional film-maker. This nicely styled pitch video is for you to use in your marketing activities and visibility for future clients. The videos will also be shared on both The Spindle’s and Partos’ online channels and reach our wide network to an international public.
- Participate in an online co-creation session (September 15) in which you’ll tackle a particular challenge in your road to success. In an energetic, good facilitated process you’ll work together with the other 29 MIDIs on each other’s challenges and find solutions created by peer digital innovators.
- To present your digital innovation and new solution during the last day of the Partos Innovation Festival (October 9) to a crowd of NGOs, government, and other interested (private) actors.
For more information, visit https://thespindle.org/the-30-most-inspiring-digital-innovations-of-2020/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.