Are you working on innovative solutions for a more sustainable future? As a young researcher, you want to contribute to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals? And you have always wanted to get to know Germany as a sustainability location? Then you have a chance to become a part of the 25 Green Talents of 2022!
Share your innovative ideas with a strong focus on sustainable development and lay the foundation for long-lasting collaborations with German research institutions and international researchers. Make your contributions count!
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability.
The award, under the patronage of the German Federal Minister of Education and Research, honours young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines for their achievements and efforts to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
The Science Forum is the highlight of the Green Talents Competition each year. Take a look at some of Germany’s sustainability hubs that the Green Talents 2022 will be virtually visiting in October!
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
The Green Talents Award 2022 includes:
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2022:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
- Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
- The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development and are willing to collaborate with German experts and to contribute to sustainability research in Germany. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
For more information, visit https://www.greentalents.de/index.php