Net Zero Challenge 2023, brought to you by Touchstone Partners and Temasek Foundation, aims to identify and support early-stage innovations and teams that have the potential to revolutionize the way they address environmental challenges at scale.
The goal is to discover groundbreaking technologies and scalable projects that can quickly be adopted to address pressing sustainability issues. It is essential that the proposed projects can be piloted and implemented effectively within Vietnam, showcasing their potential to tackle climate change in a local context. While teams may be based anywhere in the world, their proposed projects must be applicable to Vietnam and aligned with the specific sustainability tracks identified for this competition.
The First Net Zero Challenge in Vietnam Features 3 Tracks:
- Track 1: Renewables & Carbon Removal
- They are seeking innovative solutions that drive the adoption of renewable energy sources and contribute to the removal of carbon emissions. Of key interest are breakthrough technologies and scalable projects that enhance carbon sequestration, improve effectiveness and efficiency of energy use, such as in transportation and alternative materials in construction, and solutions for carbon markets.
- Track 2: Food Systems & Sustainable Agriculture
- They are focused on addressing the challenges that climate change poses to the food systems and agriculture. They are looking for innovative tech-enabled solutions that enhance food production, improve traditional practices in agriculture, and enhance sustainability in the face of a changing climate.
- Track 3: Circular Economy & Waste Management
- They are committed to promoting a circular economy and efficient waste management solutions. They are seeking innovative and scalable solutions that can contribute to reducing waste, improving recycling, and transforming waste into valuable resources.
Prizes and Benefits
- Total Prize Pool: 15 Billion VND (US$ 630,000)
- Global Exposure
- Connections to investors
- Exclusive perks from their partners
- Your team is eligible to join if your solutions are:
- Technology-based, including but not limited to: software, AI, hardware, deeptech, food-tech, agri-tech, new materials, new energy technology, new processes, innovations in bio or chemical engineering and tech-enabled business models.
- Commercially viable and scalable, with a prototype showing proof of value, demonstrating potential for widespread adoption.
- Suitable for Vietnam context and the country’s specific challenges and opportunities for implementation.
- Having clear plans for pilot projects and implementation routes in Vietnam.
- Teams can join from anywhere in the world. You do not need to have a Vietnamese team-member to join.
For more information, visit Temasek Foundation.