The THRIVE/ Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge is now open for submissions to identify and support top start-up and scale-up innovators who are driving the global transformation to climate-smart agriculture practices. The challenge aligns with Shell’s Powering Progress strategy and the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The key goal of the challenge is to identify and promote innovations that help farmers to:
- Enhance Land
- Solutions that promote carbon sequestration and avoid emissions while improving soil health.
- Connect Farms
- Solutions to improve farm connectivity to access carbon markets and carbon financing.
- Measure Soil
- Solutions that measure and quantify soil carbon, soil health, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Benefits for Winners
Winners will be selected to receive:
- Up to $100,000 in funding to develop a proof of concept.
- Shell Gamechanger
- Acceptance into the Shell GameChanger program with access to coaching and additional funding opportunities.
- Market Validation
- Potential pilot opportunities with Shell.
- Award-Winning Thrive Accelerator
- Selected applicants will secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2024.
- Thrive Ecosystem
- Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
- Eligible for Investment
- Considered or eligible for investment from Shell Ventures if investment criteria met.
- Thrive Top 50 Fast-Track
- Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings.
- Gain brand recognition through THRIVE media and brand exposure across various channels.
- Mentorship & Coaching
- Access THRIVE’s extensive ecosystem of industry experts & receive focused startup coaching.
The Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge is open to start-ups and scale-ups located around the world.
- Pre-seed to seed stage
- Start-ups will be screened based on:
- Novel – is the idea fundamentally different, disruptive and unproven?
- Valuable – could the idea create substantial new value if it works?
- Doable – is there a plan to prove the concept quickly and affordably?
- Relevant – is the idea relevant to the future of climate-smart agriculture?
- Series A +
- Proven scalability of a base business and formalized business model
- Detailed plan outlining:
- Marketing reach
- Team structure
- Key product offering
For more information, visit https://thriveagrifood.com/shell-challenge/