Deadline: 28 February 2020
Contributing to Australian Scholarship and Science (CASS) Foundations is seeking applications for its 2020 Travel Awards to enable early career researchers to attend and participate in international conferences relevant to their current research.
The conference applicants are expected to be presenting their current research as an invited presenter, as an oral presentation or a poster presentation. The research material to be presented at the conference should be current and not based primarily on the Applicant’s PhD studies.
For the 2020 Round 1 CASS Travel Awards the conference commencement date (as published on the official conference website) must be between 1 May 2020 and 30 November 2020.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The maximum amount of a Travel Award is $4,500.
- CASS will not pay more than 80% of the total cost or $4,500, whichever is the lesser.
- Applicants will be required to contribute at least 20% towards the total cost of the conference.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicants must be either Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents. A visa issued for the purpose of full-time study or temporary employment in Australia (eg Visa 457 or its successor) does not constitute permanent resident status for the purpose of a Travel Award Application.
- Applications from Australian citizens who are resident overseas at the closing date for applications will not be considered.
- The Travel Award is not available for travel to attend conferences being held in Australia or to support overseas fieldwork, independent research or courses of study.
- Applicants may include pre or post conference visits to institutes and research colleagues if such activities are directly related to their primary research in Australia.
- An Applicant will be awarded only (1) CASS Travel Award within any two-year period. This means that a previous recipient is not eligible to reapply if they have received a CASS Travel Award for a conference commencing after 1 May 2018.
In considering applications, the selection committee will have regard to:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- the status of the conference;
- the Letter of Endorsement;
- the nature and extent of the Applicant’s participation in the conference proceedings; and
- any other proposed activities.
How to Apply
You will need to log in or create an account in the CASS Grant Management Portal in order to access the Application Form.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- All applications submitted before the closing date will be acknowledged by email.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the application by email by late March 2020.
- Successful Applicants will be required to submit an Agreement incorporating the CASS Travel Award terms and conditions.
For more information, visit https://www.cassfoundation.org/grants-and-awards/travel-awards/