Deadline: 31 October 2019
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is inviting applicants to participate in the 5th Asia Pacific “Women Leading, Women Organising (WLWO)” training in Penang, Malaysia from 14 – 18 December 2019.
Training Methods & Content
This participatory training will draw from the experiences and existing knowledge of the participants. It will focus on trade unionism in the context of globalisation, fundamentalism, militarism and the advancement of Feminist Development Justice. The sessions will seek to develop feminist leadership skill and political analysis in the workplace; feminist analysis of work; the decent work agenda; strategic corporate research; international human rights and labour standards, including the ILO convention on harassment and violence in the workplace; and organising and mobilising tools such as workplace mapping and mobilising speech.
- APWLD will cover the full cost for the participation, including economy airfare; boarding and lodging during the training, applicable visa fees and airport/travel taxes. Other additional travel-related expenses must be informed by the participant to APWLD beforehand for approval.
- Participation in self-funding (full or partial) can also be considered.
- Pre-training (guidelines and materials will be provided by APWLD):
- Collate and submit national information and relevant laws, policies or case studies.
- Accomplish reading materials, as provided, prior to participating in the training.
- During training:
- Actively participate and share knowledge, expertise and experiences, including making presentations, group work, mobilising speeches etc.
- Develop a personal action plan at the end of the training.
- Maintain regular contact with APWLD and other training participants to exchange lessons, experiences, practices and impacts that result from the training.
- Report to APWLD on the application of an action plan during the follow-up by APWLD.
- Women delegates, labour organisers, trade union leaders (both registered and unregistered, informal unions or associations are eligible to apply)
- Engagement in trade union/s for a minimum of one year.
- Able to fully attend the training from 14-18 December 2019 in Penang, Malaysia
- Applications from unions/organisations who have participated in previous four WLWO training are also welcome (but must be different applicants).
- Selection will be based on the following considerations:
- Role of applicants in trade unions, need of the training and motivation to join the training.
- Balance in sub-regional representation (Asia and the Pacific) and labour sector representation.
- Preference may be given to individuals with recommendations from APWLD network.
- The participant group size will be limited to about 20 participants.
How to Apply
- All applicants MUST submit:
- Completed Application Form;
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (not more than two pages long); and
- Endorsement/Recommendation letter from the organisation/trade union.
- Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://apwld.org/call-for-application-5th-asia-pacific-women-leading-women-organising-wlwo-training/