UN-Habitat’s Global Water Operators Partnerships Alliance (GWOPA) Secretariat is seeking collaboration with public or not-for-profit organizations to help in its strategic goals during a high-opportunity period.
Successful organizations would enter into an Agreement of Cooperation with UN-Habitat to implement the work for up to USD20,000
The engagement outlined in this EOI is for 6 months, commencing in the month of January 2023 and ending in the month of July 2023.
2023 is a key period for the Global WOPs Alliance as it prepares for
- The UN 2023 Water Conference, to be held in New York on 22-24 March, is the most significant UN meeting on water in decades;
- The 5th Global WOPs Congress and GWOPA Assembly, to be organized by GWOPA and held in Bonn 22-25 May 2023;
- Implementation of GWOPA`s new Sanitation strategy, to reinforce sanitation within GWOPA work.
What are they seeking?
- They are looking for an organization to support GWOPA in the preparation and implementation of the above events with offers of the following:
- Through secondment support during the 6 months with skills in advocacy, communications, and event coordination. Different profiles and working arrangements can be proposed;
- Offers of other types of support (sponsorship of participants, hosting of side events) are also welcome.
- GWOPA is seeking organizations to collaborate on a co-financing arrangement between January and July 2023 to respond fully to the opportunities presented by these upcoming events and initiatives.
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) should include, but not be limited to
- What is your involvement with GWOPA?
- Why is your organization interested and well-suited to support GWOPA?
- How do you propose to support GWOPA with its needs? Please provide your concrete offers of personnel and other support
- Please indicate the costs of your offer. What cost elements will be offered (in cash or kind) by your organization and what costs are you requesting be covered by GWOPA/UN-Habitat?
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A GWOPA member organization (or prepared to become one)
- Public or Not-for-Profit organizations
- Working in the water/sanitation/utility/capacity development/cooperation/municipal partnership domain
- Aligned with and keen to strengthen the work of GWOPA/UN-Habitat
For more Information, visit United Nations Human Settlements Programme.