Deadline: 27 December 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SUSI Student Leader programs are intensive short term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The five-week Institute will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. The Institute will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom. The program is tentatively scheduled to begin June 2020.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Female undergraduate students between the ages of 18-25
- Should be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership
- Have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program
- Highly motivated and demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community
- Speak English fluently (participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to be full and active participants in all seminar and panel discussions)
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States
- Mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive
- Willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel
- Comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
For more information, visit https://zm.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educational-professional-exchange-programs/
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.