Deadline: 16 March 2020
Applications are open for 2020 Technovation Challenge for teams of girls from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
Girls will change the world through technology. Girls are curious, creative, and determined. Technovation Girls gives them the courage and tools to explore their ideas.
Technovation are a global tech education nonprofit that empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators and problem-solvers. They offer two programs – Technovation Girls and Technovation Families – which bring kids and adults together to solve big problems in their communities.
Since 2010, more than 23,000 girls from 100+ countries have participated in Technovation Girls. With the help of volunteer mentors, they’ve produced mobile app startups that have helped address problems in local and global communities the world over.
- Any girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to participate.
- Technovation welcome all transgender people and also those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming and want to be part of a female-identified environment, including student participants.
- Student Participation criteria:
- All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020.
- All students must identify as female, trans, nonbinary or gender nonconforming. Students who are assigned male at birth and self-identify as male cannot enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team.
- Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
- Applicants team’s division – Junior or Senior – depends on the age of all team members.
- Junior Division: Team members are between 10-14 years old as of August 1, 2020
- Senior Division: Team members are between 15-18 years old as of August 1, 2020
For more information, visit https://technovationchallenge.org/