Deadline: 29 October 2018
The Australian High Commission in Port Louis is inviting applications for Direct Aid Program 2018-19 which is funded by the Australian Government in over 60 overseas Embassies and High Commissions.
The primary objective of the DAP is to achieve a practical and tangible humanitarian or developmental outcome in vulnerable communities. DAP funds activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- In 2018-19, the High Commission’s DAP will prioritise projects which support:
- The High Commission will look favourably at projects that have a disability focus.
Applicants must seek a grant between AUD$20,000 to AUD$60,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- DAP funding is available for reputable community groups, local or international NGOs, academic institutions, research bodies, local government agencies or other organisations engaged in development activities in ODA-eligible countries on a not-for-profit basis.
- Applications can be submitted for projects in Mauritius (including Rodrigues), Comoros and Madagascar. Regional projects including Seychelles participants may be considered but due to ODA eligible criteria, DAP funds are not able to be used to fund this component and must be covered by other funding sources.
- Applications may be submitted by individuals or businesses on behalf of an NGO or other implementing organisation as part of a partnership. In this case, the applying organisation must take responsibility for the management and acquittal of DAP funds. The implementing organisation must be involved in preparing the application, and be available to be contacted to verify the funds being applied for on their behalf.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Preference is given to projects which:
- show tangible and practical development outcomes and have involved beneficiaries in identifying, designing and managing the project;
- are innovative and creative, particularly those using technology;
- comply with local laws and have the demonstrated support of local authorities, including traditional leaders, district councils/assemblies and local governments;
- pay special attention to youth and gender issues; children and other disadvantaged groups; and
- projects must be sustainable. Proposals need to demonstrate a commitment on the part of beneficiaries to implement the activities and maintain them beyond the conclusion of the project.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program 2018-19.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.