Deadline: 1 February 2017
Global Fund for Women is partnering with Gender at Work and C&A Foundation to launch learning collaborative that identifies, supports, and learns from organizations funded to address and prevent gender-based violence in the garment industry.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Global Fund for Women invites organizations seeking to scale innovative strategies and successful interventions to submit an eligibility form for this initiative. They intend to fund organizations and coalitions (organizations working together to increase potential impact through their collaborative efforts) working to ensure that women workers are free from sexual harassment and sexual violence in places where they work and live.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Target Populations
- Women garment-workers in the fashion industry, in particular populations that are economically and socially marginalized
- Addressing sexual violence and sexual harassment occurring in the working places, work place hostels or dormitories, or on the commute to/from work
- Focusing on one or more type of interventions – for example protection of human rights; prosecution of offenders; prevention of violence; and/or provision of services to survivors. Other intervention types may be considered.
- Seeking to create change in one or more of the following domains: to increase individual awareness and agency; to increase individuals’ access to services and information; to change gender norms; and to change policies and laws and/or ensure their implementation
- Using a holistic approach and engaging stakeholders from multiple sectors to create systemic change
- Advocacy and media campaigns
- Promoting women’s leadership at all levels
A total of EUR 1.2 million will be awarded over a three-year period, aiming to support three to five organizations or coalitions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Type of Funding
- Grants can support both project and overhead costs.
- Overhead costs, however, should not exceed 15% of the total project budget.
- Budgets must also include monitoring and evaluation, including an independent final evaluation.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Organizations and coalitions that meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Governed, directed, and/or led by women (i.e., women occupy significant leadership positions)
- Focused on transforming gender roles and practices as part of the organization’s mission and vision
- Track record of working with women workers and/or addressing sexual harassment and violence at the workplace, in workplace dormitories or hostels, or on public transportation
- Registered in one of the five countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Myanmar, and Vietnam) where the proposed project will be implemented with a proposed project budget that does not exceed 50% of the organizations (or coalition’s) most recent annual budget
- Possessing evidence of effectiveness (including, but not limited to, independent evaluations)
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Myanmar, and Vietnam
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Global Fund for Women.